Hello Everyone

spyder25

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
I'm sitting here, looking at pictures of chickens and figured why not join this forum.. When I search for something about chickens, this site seems to ALWAYS pop up
big_smile.png
so at least I know there's some people here who know their stuffs
big_smile.png
. I'm not new to chickens but at the same time. . . it's been a long while since I've really messed with them. I've got 38 chickens right now but I plan to have more in a few weeks. I'll list the breeds and count for you.

1. Rhode Island Red - 11
  2. Buff Orpington - 5
  3. Plymouth Rock/Barred - 4
  4. Plymouth Rock/Partridge - 3
  5. Jersey Black Giant - 3
  6. Banny - 3 (exact breed not specified)
  7. Buff Brahma - 2
  8. Light Brahma - 2
  9. Wynadotte [Silver] - 2
  10. Wynadotte [Gold] - 2
  11. Silkie - 1

My chicken pen consists of:

• 2"x4"x48" wire
  • 2 sections: 1 at 12'x16', the other at 5'x16'
  • 8' coop made from 1"x12"x8' EWP with Hay bedding and seperated every 1' with a 1"x12" mounted board.
  • 1 Small hutch made from 1"x12"x3' EWP covered in thin Lauan sheeting.
  • Roosting "sticks" on 3 corners

Other than chickens, I play computer games and spend time with my kids. That pretty much covers it.. I can't wait to meet you and share stories.

Howdy from Kansas, spyder25, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Those are some great breeds and great accommodations for them! I hate to say this but you might have to put up the computer games for awhile - with all those chickens you're gonna be a busy man!!

Thank you for the warm welcome! Don't I know it, I've been spending most of my time outside with them lately. It's a real blast just watching them do their thing. **Glances at his keyboard** I've already started to forget how to type lol and I guess I didn't mention my location.. I'm in Florida

Back
Top Bottom