Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by josfluffybums, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Hi my names Johanna and I'm new,
    I have Plymouth Rocks and bantams wyndottes- partridge and reds, I think and pekins and silkies. I've been hatching chicks with success, it's great I love chickens....I'm a chookaholic!

2. Shabana

Shabana Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey there and welcome !!
    :welcome

3. Thank you! for welcoming me, my daughter and I have just had a look at your photos and we are interested in how pudding is going, is she better now? I would love a black copper maran, here in Australia we don't have that breed, recently a group of people got together and formed a syndicate to bring new breeds over, copper marans were 1 of the breeds unfortunately all the chickens were contaminated when they arrived so they were culled and now we have to wait for it all to happen over again, so sad and it will take years. Did you know this information already?

4. Shabana

Shabana Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey there !
    Thanks for asking about Pudding :) today she started to use her foot for the first time. Not so much walking on it but she lightly scratched at the floor and spread her toes out and used her poorly foot to scratch her head so I am elated !!
    This is a fabulous forum and to be honest it's members have saved my chickens several times with their knowledge and support :)

I wasn't aware that you couldn't get certain breeds over there that's frustrating having to wait so long :( let's hope you get a maran soon !
    I'm sure some members will have some info for you and perhaps some members will live not too far away.

It's lovely to have you with us, hope you enjoy it xx

5. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC - you are among lots of chicken addicts :) [​IMG]

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. blue gecko

blue gecko New Egg

Oct 13, 2013
    Hello! I've visited Backyard Chickens many times over the years. I followed AT Hagan over here and love reading about everyone's experiences. I don't know why I never joined but here I am.

We have an assortment of layers (mostly Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons and Dominiques), a pair of Buff Ducks and a Buff Goose. Eventually, we plan to move into Giant Homing Pigeons to round out our poultry family. We also raise Texmaster/Kiko goats and Gloucester Old Spot Pigs. Like all small farms its a work in progress.

I'll looking forward to being a part of this community!

Beth

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! I'm addicted to chickens too lol

9. neophyte17

neophyte17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome. Another chicken addict here in south Florida. You gonna love this site

10. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by