Hello Everyone!

Hi, Amy, welcome to BYC. Search the forums, ask questions, and plan - then you will be successful in your poultry endeavor.

Hi there Amy, I'm Rachel. A few weeks ago my mum surprised me with three little chicks a week before my 15th birthday. I'm sure you'll enjoy having them very much; I know I do. I love my chicks a lot more than I expected to and it's been a very good experience for me, especially as a teenager. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Welcome to BackYard Chickens and good luck with your chick raising experience.

How do I add a pic to my profile? I keep clicking on it but i dont see the option any where?

To add a picture, go to your profile. Find the title that says 'Your Photos.' You should be able to scroll down and find it if you're on a computer device. Then go to the right and find 'Upload photo'.

Hope this helps, Amy!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Do you have any idea if you are allergic to chicken feathers or their dander? I would hate to see you get them and then have to rehome them. Hope things turn out for you, sounds like you would be a great chicken mama.

As far as i know ive never been exposed to chickens so i cant be allergic to them. I was curious though if anyone out there is allergic to hay and if theyve tried pine straw? I know theres a lot of bedding options but pine straw is very cheap.

Back
Top Bottom