Hello everyone!

kssilkiemama

Chirping
6 Years
May 20, 2015
It has been awhile since I have been on here due to being in colleg for the last five years. My old name was silkiemama but couldn't log on so I just started a new name. I live in SE Kansas and I am a registered nurse. I used to raise silkies about six years ago when my son was in 4H but when I went back to college I didn't have time. Well, four degrees and five years later I need my hobby back! I have an awesome enclosed concrete block chicken house that was going to waste so I decided I wanted to start raising silkies again. I will be going back to school in the fall to begin my doctorate and need a stress reliever! Looking forward to all of your great advice to get me started again!

Good for you getting degrees first. You can always find chickens.

I am just curious how you ventilate a concrete block coop. I guess I am picturing a dungeon in my mind - too many horror stories on tv. Let's just see a wolf try to huff and puff his way into that!

Love Puggies and you've apparently got one. You get bonus marks for that.
thumbsup.gif
Welcome back to Backyard chickens. It's probably gotten the new format since you left . If you can't find your way around just holler.

It has nice four pane windows that slide back and forth that I leave open during spring and summer. I have fans in there as well...:) It had a dirt floor until I inherited a semi load of bricks and now it has a brick floor. The front has a 5x10' room that I use for brooding, grooming and feed/medicine storage. It was here when we bought the place and was the selling point for me. ;)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. I used to raise Black Silkies and they were adorable, sweet, gentle, friendly, and funny. My children made lap pets of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your doctorate.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you decided to rejoin us.

Congratulations on your accomplishments and the decision to get back into raising silkies.

I know your silkies will give you more stress relief than a prescription.

Have fun, relax and rejuvenate before your fall classes.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC!!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you joined the flock!!
wee.gif

Many adventures await you and your flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around!!
big_smile.png

D.gif
jumpy.gif
-Turkenstein25
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom