Hello Fellow Chicken Ranchers.

NWMCHICKRANCHER

Hatching
May 10, 2015
NORTH WESTERN MISSOURI
Hello All,
Very new to this. Have wanted to for a long time but never did until i received a sturdy wooden shipping crate. I hope my questions aren't to basic to keep the forum interested.
I am a simple man trying to become as self sufficient as possible before globalism takes that ideal from us all.

Welcome to BYC. Wooden shipping crates are a money saver, instant coop. I bought one real cheap off Craigslist and it easily fits 3 standard size adult hens with plenty of room to spare.

Hello there Garden and welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! Chickens don't lay an egg every day. At least not all of them. Some breeds lay almost everyday, some lay 5 eggs a week, some lay 3 eggs a week. So it depends on the breed. They won't be laying during their fall molts or if they go broody.

Good luck with all your life's adventures and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Molt is the annual shedding and renewing of a bird's feathers; and broody refers to a hen that covers eggs to warm and hatch them, or a hen that stays in the nest for an extended period of time without producing eggs. BYC has a complete glossary of poultry vocabulary terms at https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...of-common-terms-for-raising-backyard-chickens which you will probably find useful. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Thank You Michael OShay! Great info! Thanks for having me. I will have plenty of questions.
Cheers

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Molt is the annual shedding and renewing of a bird's feathers; and broody refers to a hen that covers eggs to warm and hatch them, or a hen that stays in the nest for an extended period of time without producing eggs. BYC has a complete glossary of poultry vocabulary terms at https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...of-common-terms-for-raising-backyard-chickens which you will probably find useful. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom