Hello! First time chicken owner & chicks arrived today!

evergreen_pnw

Chirping
May 7, 2023
Western Washington
:)Hello!

I came across BYC a couple of nights ago while looking for pictures of the Super Blue Egg Layer from My Pet Chicken. I'm a first time chicken owner. My chicks arrived this morning. Initially I ordered 3 Salmon Favorelles and 2 Easter Egger Bantams. Then MPC did me dirty by sending a text notifying me that some popular breeds were back in stock on my shipping date. Shoot! I ended up adding 1 Blue Easter Egger, a Blue/Black/Splash Orpington as well as the Super Blue Easter Layer. I thought I had ordered a Buff Orpington, so I was confused when I had two fairly dark chicks. hehe Maybe some day I can add a Buff.

Sadly it looks like I'm going to lose one of the EE Bantams. She did not look well when I took her out of the shipping box. I contacted MPC and followed their advice as well as some advice from an experienced chicken friend, but she looks weaker than she did this morning. I understand this happens, but I can't help feel a bit sad as I hoped she would rally.

I'm really excited to explore BYC as I love the format of forums. Facebook groups seems to move too fast & feel overwhelming. I care for my mom full time, but I try to make time for knitting/crocheting and spinning.

Oh, I'm located in Western Washington & I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather. ☀️

Howdy, welcome to BackYard Chickens! Glad that you decided to join us! It's always hard to lose a chick, even if it does just happen. It sounds like you have a nice variety of chickens! You've come to the right place for all of your chicken keeping questions!

:)Hello!

I came across BYC a couple of nights ago while looking for pictures of the Super Blue Egg Layer from My Pet Chicken. I'm a first time chicken owner. My chicks arrived this morning. Initially I ordered 3 Salmon Favorelles and 2 Easter Egger Bantams. Then MPC did me dirty by sending a text notifying me that some popular breeds were back in stock on my shipping date. Shoot! I ended up adding 1 Blue Easter Egger, a Blue/Black/Splash Orpington as well as the Super Blue Easter Layer. I thought I had ordered a Buff Orpington, so I was confused when I had two fairly dark chicks. hehe Maybe some day I can add a Buff.

Sadly it looks like I'm going to lose one of the EE Bantams. She did not look well when I took her out of the shipping box. I contacted MPC and followed their advice as well as some advice from an experienced chicken friend, but she looks weaker than she did this morning. I understand this happens, but I can't help feel a bit sad as I hoped she would rally.

I'm really excited to explore BYC as I love the format of forums. Facebook groups seems to move too fast & feel overwhelming. I care for my mom full time, but I try to make time for knitting/crocheting and spinning.

Oh, I'm located in Western Washington & I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather. ☀️
Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom