Hello! First time chicken owner

chickendays

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 29, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Hello! I have been reading this site for years but just joined the forum tonight. Our family is VERY NEW to chickens. We just picked up our Red Star Hens (laying already) about 10 days ago. We are really enjoying them so far but trying to figure out why one hen just started looking sick on Saturday evening (lethargic and not eating much for close to 30 hours).

We live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. My husband is an IT Supervisor and I am blessed to be able to stay at home with our 7 children (ages 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 3 weeks old). We have a bichon/poodle mix named Daisy, russian tortoise named Rocky, holland lop named Marshmallow, 2 fire-bellied toads, 1 "regular" toad & our 3 new hens named Goldie, Henrietta & Sucunat.

We are excited to learn from all of you!
smile.png

ep.gif
WOW. You may be new to chickens but not to animals. Chickens will be a breeze compared to all those. Especially the children.
lau.gif

Welcome from NW Ohio. Good luck with your ventures.

Welcome to BYC. I recommend you post in the emergency section about your Red Star. Include her age and as much info as you can. There could be several reasons why she's acting the way she is. Good luck.

Welcome! Looks like you have your hands full! 7 kids is quite an achievement. Some days I'm ready to wave the white flag with my 2!
wink.png
I hope you figure out what's going on with your hen & get her feeling better soon.

Back
Top Bottom