Hello folks from AZ

oh no i’m so sorry about your losses and situation being so tough… can you get urine from a bigger predator? idk what’s bigger than a bobcat, a bear or wolf urine maybe? and put some just outside around your fence. welcome to Byc i hope you can solve your situation. :welcome
Thanks for the response! Yes, I did look into that but 2 things are holding me back ... although I have no doubt it'd be effective ...

1. Current required quantities are somewhat "spendy" with what appears to be a 90-day supply of this stuff coming in around $80-$100.
2. I'd have to replenish this stuff on a regular basis. Since this predator appears comfortable in my neighborhood, I'm betting it won't be leaving anytime soon.

Plus, there's my dark satisfaction at letting it get zapped.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

I agree with @LTAY1946 I think your best bet is electric fencing. We have Bobcats and Cougars here too, I've seen them laying in the shade or waltzing right through the yard. Fortunately I've never had them attack, although my birds are always supervised when free ranging because of the high amounts of predators and do spend a good deal of time in the run.

Good luck!
Thank you! Very likely that we will be changing our habits on when they will be turned out (late morning thru mid-afternoon) AND only under supervision.

:welcome

Hi, sorry for the bobcat problems. You may like to chat with other members in AZ: Arizona

Good luck!
Thank you. For now, I am connected to an AZ group but it's on Facebook. I much more prefer resources such as this forum where I don't need to depend on some kind of algorithm and having to out-think it so I can see responses. If there are other AZ folks here, then I think this is THE place to connect and learn.

Thank you. For now, I am connected to an AZ group but it's on Facebook. I much more prefer resources such as this forum where I don't need to depend on some kind of algorithm and having to out-think it so I can see responses. If there are other AZ folks here, then I think this is THE place to connect and learn.

The link I provided IS for this site and it is Arizona members (nothing at all to do with FB).

Back
Top Bottom