Hello from a newbie

zellfranklin222

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2021
Hi everyone! I'm currently raising 12 orphaned Muscovy ducklings. They are about 3 weeks old and I'm brand new to all of this.

I actually full-time in my RV and live in a park where I currently work in central FL. The Muscovy mom and dad were dropped off at the pond at our park this winter. So, they are apparently domestic ducks but have no owner to speak of at this time. The park does feed the ducks that are here (currently 2 pekin, 1 muscovy drake and a bunch or wild black bellied whistling ducks that come and go).

The mother duck died when the ducklings were 1-2 weeks old, apparently due to a rough mating session with the Muscovy drake (he's a beast!!!).

So here I am with 12 ducklings that I have fallen in love with. I took them off the pond and create an enclosure for them until they get big enough to go back on the pond. Wow, so much to learn so that's why I'm here.

Thanks,
Zell

Hi everyone! I'm currently raising 12 orphaned Muscovy ducklings. They are about 3 weeks old and I'm brand new to all of this.

I actually full-time in my RV and live in a park where I currently work in central FL. The Muscovy mom and dad were dropped off at the pond at our park this winter. So, they are apparently domestic ducks but have no owner to speak of at this time. The park does feed the ducks that are here (currently 2 pekin, 1 muscovy drake and a bunch or wild black bellied whistling ducks that come and go).

The mother duck died when the ducklings were 1-2 weeks old, apparently due to a rough mating session with the Muscovy drake (he's a beast!!!).

So here I am with 12 ducklings that I have fallen in love with. I took them off the pond and create an enclosure for them until they get big enough to go back on the pond. Wow, so much to learn so that's why I'm here.

Thanks,
Zell
Welcome! It sounds like you have your hands full!

Back
Top Bottom