Hello from a newbie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Yellow Snow, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Yellow Snow

Yellow Snow Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2011
    Just a quick howdy to introduce myself to the forum. I've been lurking on the site for a few days, reading old posts and gathering information to help me with my upcoming chicken investment. What a great site! I've learned a lot already and hope to be able to contribute as I gain experience of my own.

Quick background on me: I grew up raising chickens in my family's backyard and have always had a fondness for the silly things. Now that I'm a father myself I'd like my kids to be able to enjoy the experience of raising chickens, harvesting eggs, etc. I recently bought a home on a 1/2 acre lot in a pretty rural area with some room for a coop and run and I can't wait to get started! This site has been a big help as I've been considering alternatives for coop designs.

Thanks to everyone for making this the great site that it is!

-Yellow Snow

2. J.Pryce

J.Pryce Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Ypsilanti
    Welcome aboard the Chicken Train, From Ypsilanti, Michigan- It's a very fun ride.

3. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    Hello newbie! Beware, BYC is addicting! And raising chickens is even more addicting. Most of us are in a constant battle with ourselves not to overpopulate our chicken houses!
    I started 2 years ago in April. Now have 2 bird buildings. One is quite large. I have come to be known as the Egg-lady at our local Farmer's Market.
    What type of chickens do you plan to have? If you haven't decided, check out the breeds chart on BYC. It is very helpful. There are also a lot of resources and pics of coops on here.

Anything, and everything you ever need is to be found here. Welcome!

4. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from North Carolina

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. You will like it here. [​IMG]

7. Peaceful Nest

Peaceful Nest Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    Owensboro, Ky.
    Hi, Yello Snow! Welcome, from another newbie. I have roughly a half acre also for my little flock -- and fear that I will want to move to gain more land for chickens!

8. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio - it gets addictive...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  9. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Funny user name

Imp

10. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Welcome!! Chickens and Little People are the perfect combination.....just makes life soo much more fun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by