Hello from Alabama

synoviaus

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Blountsville, ALabama
Hi everyone, I'm new on here. Lance and I live on 47 acres in Blount County, Alabama. We don't have any children without fur or feathers. I'm a high school English teacher by trade. I have had chickens pretty much all my life. Daddy bought me and my sister pet roosters when I was about three. I currently have about twenty mixed breed chickens living free range. They won't go into a coop, but prefer to roost in trees. I also have an incubator full of eggs due in two weeks, and have ordered 30 rare breed chicks from Ideal. I found this sight looking at different breeds on the internet. I do art in my spare time. I can pretty much draw anything I see. Lance and I have three Bluetick Coonhounds and a Newfoundland mixed mutt. I also have four cats. We hunt, train, and show the hounds. Gus, my male bluetick is a show Champion. He was born and trained here. Well, that's me in a nutshell. I'm excited to be on here. I know I'll learn a bunch. Amy

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Hello. I am new on here too. I currently have 2 black Giant Hens, 2 Plymouth Rock Hens, 1 RIR hen, 2 Buff Orpington hens , 2 americana hens, 1 Plymouth Rock Rooster and 1 RIR rooster. Both roosters are for sale. We have 2 dogs (Jack Russell and a 1/2 German Shepard 1/2 husky mix) I am looking for some Black Giant hens and possible a rooster also. We live in Northwest Alabama just north of Killen, AL.
big_smile.png

Wow 2 newbies from ALABAMA on the same post, How cool is that!
welcome-byc.gif
to the both of you. I'm in N.E.ALA. I too have been looking for some Giant hens in my area. Blue/ Blk./ Splash, it doesn't matter which to me. Later guys....

tongue.png
I have been looking for Black Giants or any variation of the Jersey Giants but haven't had any luck. I love my 2 black giant hens. They are so sweet. I would love to have a lot more Jersey giants but they are hard to find around here.

Back
Top Bottom