Hello from Alberta Canada

RossChickens

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2017
Southern Alberta
Just popping in to introduce myself! I live in Southern Alberta, Canada. We are bee farmers, slowly growing in size each year, but my husband is more into that than I. I prefer "not bees". So I started reading up on raising chickens (a little more my speed). Now that I am a few books into it all, and as prepared as I can hope to be, I have my first 6 chicks, and daily entertainment. They are the sweetest little things, some with more attitude then others. I never would have thought they could be so darn sweet!

I am now completing my research and gathering material to build our coop, which was a bit of a challenge, as I wanted to ensure it was warm enough for the frigid temps we have been experiencing (-20C to -25C). I have reviewed a lot of posts on here as well (thanks!) and hopefully will have a great looking coop in a week or 2!

I am looking forward to getting to know more of you!

Greetings and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Best wishes!!
D.gif

G’Day from down under RossChickens
frow.gif
Welcome!

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre if you have not already checked it out; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Best wishes to you and your little ones, even the bees
wink.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
smile.png

Welcome to BYC good luck with the chicks. I have a wild bee nest somewhere! and they come out in droves and feed on the algea on my pond- have to say they are bit aggressive if you disturb them so I agree chooks are much more fun

Back
Top Bottom