Hello from Anaheim, CA

Rusty's Ranch

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
So Cal
Hubby and I are city folks, but have always been in love with chickens. We finally broke down and got 2 RIR chicks -- they're more fun than we ever imagined. Sorry we waited sooo long (we're both 50ish).

Hubby's almost finished with their coop. The run is complete and the "girls" have been having a great time running around in it during the day. I say "girls", because we aren't sure about gender. As soon as I get brave enough, I'll post pictures to see what everyone thinks. I can't bear to learn one of them isn't a "she". We can only have up to 3 hens - no roosters. Both chicks are so affectionate, it would break our hearts to have to rehome one of them. They are about 5 weeks old - we'll post pictures soon for all to see.

Lovin life with the chicks, our german shepherd and our sheltie (does that constitute a "ranch"?? -- probably not, but it sounded good ... we can dream)

Look forward to getting to know all of you better -- thanks so much for all the helpful advice and support.

Sonia

Welcome from Indiana...
frow.gif

Welcome... and you may as well go get two more chicks cuz one is bound to be a roo!

Just kidding.

Good luck!

And welcome:welcome

Back
Top Bottom