Hello from Anaheim, CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rusty's Ranch, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Rusty's Ranch

Rusty's Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    So Cal
    Hubby and I are city folks, but have always been in love with chickens. We finally broke down and got 2 RIR chicks -- they're more fun than we ever imagined. Sorry we waited sooo long (we're both 50ish).

Hubby's almost finished with their coop. The run is complete and the "girls" have been having a great time running around in it during the day. I say "girls", because we aren't sure about gender. As soon as I get brave enough, I'll post pictures to see what everyone thinks. I can't bear to learn one of them isn't a "she". We can only have up to 3 hens - no roosters. Both chicks are so affectionate, it would break our hearts to have to rehome one of them. They are about 5 weeks old - we'll post pictures soon for all to see.

Lovin life with the chicks, our german shepherd and our sheltie (does that constitute a "ranch"?? -- probably not, but it sounded good ... we can dream)

Look forward to getting to know all of you better -- thanks so much for all the helpful advice and support.

Sonia

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome from Indiana... [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome... and you may as well go get two more chicks cuz one is bound to be a roo!

Just kidding.

Good luck!

And welcome:welcome

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Welcom! I'm just up the road from you, Riverside here... You are gonna LOVE having chickens, and all the friends you will make on this site.

6. Brelansmama

Brelansmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    McMinnville, Oregon
    welcome from NW Oregon!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  7. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    [​IMG] from CT [​IMG]

8. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Welcome

9. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

Welcome! [​IMG] Youve come to the right place! Great people here with much knowledge>

10. Hello n Welcome to BYC , glad to have you here ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by