Hello from Arizona!

NuweBlareHomestead

In the Brooder
Sep 18, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

We first got chickens in June of 2018, and we just adopted our first two ducks on Sunday!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 6 black australorp chickens and 2 tricolor ancona ducks.

(3) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

We enjoy the eggs, the funny antics and personalities of our hens, and how adorably funny the ducks are.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I enjoy photography, reading, and singing in the worship team at church.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have two dogs, three cats, and 4 children ages 2-11 to go along with our feathered friends. We lived in South Africa until 2016, when we immigrated to AZ. I'm American and my husband and our first 3 children were all born in South Africa. We unschool our children and my husband works from home, which gives us lots of time on our 5 acre "homestead".

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

We are big on research and community knowledge, so we've found a lot of great info on BYC over the last couple years. One of our ducklings that we just adopted is a special needs case- he's blind and shaky on his legs, which we're not sure is a niacin deficiency or neurological. I've been looking for all sorts of information for him to help get him as healthy aa possible.

Back
Top Bottom