Hello from Arizona!

Rho

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
*Yes, we are relatively new to chicken. We started in July 2019.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
*Currently We Have 8 Hens and 2 Roosters. Soon to add more so wer can split the roosters into two different rings/coops. They get along most of the time, but don't want to push our luck.

(3) What breeds do you have?
*I'm not sure what all of them are. But here is what I know:
White Brahma
Black Brahma
Naked Neck
Buff Orpington ?
Rhode Island Red

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
*I Iove the fresh eggs, of course, but they are also so darn fun! They all have their personalities and quirks.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
*Reading, altered art, cooking, canning, spending time with our animals, and family!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm a 60 year old, solitary, eclectic, boho, artsy, hippy, lesbian, witchy crone. 🧓🏻 Ain't THAT a mouthful! 😆 I live on a 27 acre ranch in the high desert of Southern Arizona 🏜 (elev abt 4,000ft) with my Wife of 20 years. 👩‍❤️‍👩 We are almost at the Mexican Border, and can see the wall from our porch. We have 3 grown sons (29, 35, 40) and 3 almost grown grandkids (16, 19, 21). ❤ Now that we are empty-nesters, we are living out our dreams, exploring our interests, and indulging our whims. 😁 We have a menagerie of animals that we enjoy immensely: 7 dogs, 8 cats, 12 goats, 10 chickens, and 6 guineas. In the future, we're planning to add more chickens, a couple of horses, a miniature dairy cow, maybe a few hair sheep. I know, we're crazy; our kids already informed us of that fact. 🤪 We Both lean toward vegetarianism, to include eggs and dairy, but occasionally have chicken or fish. This year, we are going to get a garden put in. Last year, I learned how to preserve food by canning! Its the small things that excite me. 😉

Our life isn't pristine or perfect, we have more projects than we know what to do with, we know we could be living in an apartment and saving money or traveling a but... We're happy. 😊

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D Someone shared A post on FB, and I looked at the link, that led me to a post from here about Building a chicken coop. 😁

Attachments

• Screenshots_2021-04-12-15-50-55.png
    Screenshots_2021-04-12-15-50-55.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom