Hello from Austin, TX

Snross

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2020
Hi guys!

(1) Completely new to chickens, but. Actually had lots growing up because my grandpa bought me them...strange because I never even asked for them!

(2) I have no chickens currently because my HOA doesn’t allow livestock; however, I’m trying to start the conversation re: getting this bylaw amended to hopefully at least allowing hens.

(3) If anyone has ANY helpful information regarding HOAs and bylaws and helpful wording of letters to get people to let our family have a few hens...I would greatly appreciate it!

(4) I’m married to such an amazing guy. We have 2 small boys under 4 years old and hope to have more one day. Hobbies include: spin class, gardening, reading mystery novels, and watching Schitts Creek!

(5)I joined BYC because I need all of your amazing brains to help sway the people on my HOA board/community that we all need chickens in our backyards!

Hi guys!

(1) Completely new to chickens, but. Actually had lots growing up because my grandpa bought me them...strange because I never even asked for them!

(2) I have no chickens currently because my HOA doesn’t allow livestock; however, I’m trying to start the conversation re: getting this bylaw amended to hopefully at least allowing hens.

(3) If anyone has ANY helpful information regarding HOAs and bylaws and helpful wording of letters to get people to let our family have a few hens...I would greatly appreciate it!

(4) I’m married to such an amazing guy. We have 2 small boys under 4 years old and hope to have more one day. Hobbies include: spin class, gardening, reading mystery novels, and watching Schitts Creek!

(5)I joined BYC because I need all of your amazing brains to help sway the people on my HOA board/community that we all need chickens in our backyards!

Hi guys!

WELCOME to BYC. You do not mention where you are located on our globe in your profile but, you might want to start by researching your local Chicken laws and Ordinances.
Once you find out your local laws and ordinances, then your HOA will have a procedure for petitioning a change in the rules. .
Good Luck and welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom