Hello from Australia

CrazyCapricorn

Hatching
Feb 3, 2017
Victoria, Australia
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I'm a real newbie! My daughter gave me an isabrown young lady called Daisy and a white pullet (she tells me) who I've named Maisy. I have absolutely fallen in love with these 2 little girls. I've had them now for 3 weeks and I'm so glad I've found BYC. Let the giant learning curve begin!! Daisy is gifting me an egg a day and Maisy hasn't started laying as yet. Deb

Hi :welcome Deb

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on getting your new chicken adventures started :clap;)
It sounds like you are enjoying them very much. Have you checked out our learning Center? Lots of great reading there that I'm sure you will find very helpful ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

I love those names - Daisy and Maisy
love.gif

Howdy neighbour
frow.gif
Welcome!

Please do pop into the Aussie thread redsoxs has given you a link to and say G’Day, you will be welcomed.

At the risk of sounding like an enabler
wink.png
you might want to consider getting at least one more chicken. Sadly, we lose chickens along the way and if you lose one, your remaining hen will be very lonely. I have been there, done that and got the T-shirt! Had to race out and find my lone chicken a friend, waive quarantine etc. Now, I have 5 and make sure I never drop below 3.

Best wishes to you and your flock.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
smile.png

Hey there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens!!! I am so glad you decided to join our big, happy family! Please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom