Hello from Barn Sweet in SE Wisconsin

BarnSweet

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Kenosha county, Wisconsin
(1) My chicks are on order, arriving May 1st.

(2) So, that means right now, I have zero, but hope all 14 I ordered will make the trip thru the USPS okay.

(3) I've ordered standard pullets
fl.gif

• Golden Laced Wyandotte
• Dorking, Silver Gray
• Orpington, Buff
• Cochin, White
• Faverolle, Salmon
• Andalusian, Blue
• Brahma, Light
• Cubalaya, Red blue
• Russian Orloff, Spangled
• Rhode Island Red
• Ameraucana
• Campine, Golden
• Maran, Cuckoo
and an Egyptian Fayoumi (considering some ducklings
roll.png
)

(4) I think I found this site off feathersite (but might have been from one of the hatcheries I looked at or even one of the chicken websites or a book). I've been reading a bit.

(5 &6) I have three ponies and three cats (at home on 10 acres w/Wick building that I call a barn and dh calls a shed - he grew up on a farm in downstate IL and I grew up in Chicago). No dog at the moment, last one was high maintenance and when she went
sad.png
end of '07, dh requested no more house dogs, so at Christmas we brought 3 kittens home from his brother's shed instead. They're barn cats
wink.png
(around 30% of the time).

I'm currently able to enjoy my home, property and pets. I used to work in R&D in the pharmaceutical industry. Have also worked as a vet assistant (small animal) and one summer as stable help at UofI's equine medicine building at the Vet school (when I was attending undergraduate school in Champaign-Urbana, a loooooooong time ago) We both went to school there so if you cut us, dh and I bleed orange and blue.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Both of my parents were born and raised in Kenosha! Still have relatives there.

Sounds like you have a good mix of birds coming.... watch out the chicken fever is contagious and you'll be over run with chicks, and buying an incubator before you know it!
lol.png

Nancy
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom