Hello from BC, Canada - Layer Hens and Turkeys

Alxs

In the Brooder
Oct 4, 2022
Thanks for having me! I’ve often had this community come up in my google searches as I learn about raising poultry… 6 years ago, we bought a small house with a couple acres of land. The previous owner had 4 hens and a roo that she couldn’t take with her, so we inherited with the house. We loved having them so much that when another friend was getting her flock, we gladly welcomed them… and then a few of our girls went broody… long story short, we now have 40 hens and 6 roos, and we raise layer chicks, both for our own flock and to sell. We have a real barnyard mix of birds now, spawned from cross-breeding Rhodes, Amerucana, Olive Eggers, Barred and whatever else is in our mix.
4 years ago, we got a few turkeys to raise for meat and I fell in love with them… so social and the make the cutest sounds… so we are now up to 14 turkeys this year. I was prompted to join this community because we just processed this years turkeys and found an issue with a few of them that I can find any info on in google… so if you know about turkeys, feel free to give advice on that thread! :)
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom