Hello from Belgium !

Summer Reed

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2023
Belgium
Hello, I'm Stephanie and I'm from Belgium. I'm a French speaker but I promise I'll do my best in English :)

I have three hens - two Blue Andalusian named Mary-Kate and Ashley (hey, I'm a 90s kid !), and a White Sussex named Dina. They're 2 years old and I got them when they were three months, in 2022. That's my first time having chickens and I'm always learning. My hens are very friendly, they will eat in my hand and follow me everywhere. Mary-Kate and Ashley don't like to be picked up but Dina does enjoy it. She's the sweetest, and I even got her to learn and perform a few tricks.

I got them because I just love taking care of animals (and chickens are common pets here in Belgium, you can find them in city parks, along the streets,...).
I also have 4 cats : Nell, my lovely 11-year old lady, my girl Pixie (9-year old but look no more than 4), my beautiful boy Plume (6 year-old black smoke tabby) and my baby Woody (he's 2 and yes, ginger cats are crazy). All cats and hens get along really well and I couldn't be happier.

In a dream world I would also have two bunnies, a few ducks, and a dog, but I have to be realistic since I work a full-time job and I live in the city. I'm lucky enough to have a very nice yard but half of it became my hens' enclosure and I already spend a lot of time everyday taking care of them and the cats (and cleaning. Cleaning never stops :D).

I found BYC because one of my hens doesn't feel very well and I Googled her symptoms. It led me here and voilà !
Hopefully I'll be able to help her and she'll feel better soon.

Have a nice day !

Thank you all for the warm welcome !

Here are my girls :

01.jpg
02.png
03.png
04.png

:love

Back
Top Bottom