1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Bellevue Nebraska!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by weirdlywired, Oct 17, 2016.

1. weirdlywired

weirdlywired Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Bellevue NE
    My Coop
    My introduction is long overdue... I'm on this site daily and have learned SO MUCH and gained confidence from everything everyone has shared - thank you so much for a great community!!!

We picked up our ten chicks on Mother's Day 2016. Our coop was partially finished and knowing how we operate, we figured if we didn't get them now to force us to finish it, we'd probably be waiting until next spring! We decided on ten thinking that one or two might be roosters and we might lose one or two to not knowing what we were doing. Seven is what is allowed here, and we did get a permit and explained that we didn't know what we had yet - he didn't seem to care. PHEW!
    Turns out we have ten beautiful ladies and we just got our first egg yesterday!!! Not sure who laid it... got a second egg today - completely different so now we have two that are laying! [​IMG]

We have two Buff Orpingtons-"Nellie and Peaches/Shia Labuff", two Partridge Plymouth Rocks-"Copper and Penny" (they are LOUD girls!), two Sicilian Buttercups-"JV and Zoro", a Blue Andalusian-"Nina" (the leader of the ladies), a Barred Rock-"Betty", a buff Plymouth Rock-"Nugget" and a Rhode Island Red-"Clifford".
    They're so much fun to sit and watch - we call it chicken therapy! I have been fermenting their feed and have some questions but will ask in the proper place.

We also have a Timneh African Grey-"Snickers" that was adopted from a rescue years ago and an 8YO Lab/Boxer mix that's a big sweetheart! We're a family of four, with a senior and sophomore in high school. I get to work from home doing two things - an Office Manager for electrical manufacturers that we rep in NE and IA and I'm also a jewelry artist. The chicken that is my avatar was requested by a friend who runs a farm in WA.

Again, thank you for being such a great resource and passionate in your love for chickens!

Angie S

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Hello from Iowa,Glad your joining backyard chickens.[​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Angie, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard and congrats on those first eggs! Great names you gave your ladies, too! And yes, chickens are very therapeutic! Best wishes and thank for joining our flock! [​IMG]

4. weirdlywired

May 10, 2016
    Bellevue NE
    My Coop
    The names changed for some of them a couple of times as personalities emerged - wouldn't it (probably not!) be fun if peoples names could change based on their personality?!

Thank you so much for the welcome!!! Forum's confuse me greatly, that's one of the reasons for the delay in posting, but I'm going to force myself how to do this!

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to meet you Angie. Glad things are going well for yo[​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. weirdlywired

May 10, 2016
    Bellevue NE
    My Coop
    Thank you QueenMisha!

Two more eggs today - it's GREAT!!!

Me too - thank you for the welcome!

[​IMG]
    Couldn't have done this without them!!!

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! You have some lovely breeds there! Congrats on first eggs! I love how your username and avatar tie in together! The wired piece of jewelry. :) I am glad you have found BYC enjoyable!

10. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by