1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Bluffton, SC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eklein, Apr 9, 2012.

1. eklein

eklein New Egg

Apr 9, 2012
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - I used Easter as an excuse to get chicks again for our kids...I am the one who really wanted them. I had my first chickens about 3 years ago and loved it, my oldest got to experience gathering the eggs and feeding the chickens which I loved.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? - I bought 6 chicks from our feed and seed store, I cant remember the breeds that I bought and now wish I had written them down!

(3) What breeds do you have? - No clue..

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? - was looking for a site that had great information and that would help me out with questions or concerns that I am sure I will have!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? - Love to ride dirt bikes with my boys, riding horses, relaxing on the beach

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    - I was born and raised right here in Bluffton, SC on my great grandparents farm...now I am 28, married and have 3 boys (4 yrs, 2 yrs and 5.5 months). I have a business degree and run a my father's CPA firm, I pretty much do everything from A to Z here! I had chickens and goats when we lived on our farm, however we built a house and moved into a residential neighborhood and had to get rid of them all, I have missed them like crazy and decided to bite the bullet and do it again...in hopes that my neighborhood will not fine me. I was raised on a farm, and with that came responsibility for taking care of the horses and cows and fields...I can think of nothing better than letting my kids have the experience of raising something up and taking care of it, and really begin to appreciate life and all it has to offer.[​IMG]

2. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi && Welcome!!
    [​IMG]
    What cuties you have! Glad you joined!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Congrats on your chicks and good luck [​IMG]

5. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

6. gabirder

gabirder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    I see what may be a couple of Dominiques and maybe an Australorp.

[​IMG] from the gateway to the Okefenokee Swamp and the Folkston Funnel - a train watchers paradise!

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. The ones with the spot on the head look like Barred Rocks and some Australorps and :confused: on the brown stripped one. :thumbsup

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by