Hello from Brisbane, Australia!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Fierlin1182 I'm originally from Adelaide, moved to the Gold Coast in 2010 and have recently bought a house in Jimboomba with my partner.

Shantiananda thanks - I think they're pretty cute too! My partner was playing on the ground with 2 of them a few minutes ago and they both snuggled up in his chest and fell asleep! so adorable :) We got them from Heritage Hatching at Richlands. Went there last year for a look around and all of their chickens seem quite happy, they let some of them roam around quite a lot and keep the roosters separate from the hens. Do you have any chickens yet?

Nope, don't have the chooks yet, but did pick out a coop today (from Backyard Chicken Coops in New Farm - really well designed and solidly built if you are looking for coops).
Heritage is just 10 min down the road from me and I've been there for a look a few times. I really like City Chicks at Anstead though and they are better able to accommodate specific breed requests so am going to get pullets from them (I would love to start with chicks but with two cats in the house it would be a recipe for disaster!) Still trying to make a final decision on breed and number right now (not sure whether to get two or three) but really looking forward to bringing them home sometime in the next couple of months.
Enjoy your chicky babes! I hope you will post pics of them as they grow :)
Shanti

Back
Top Bottom