Hello from Buffalo!

KellyG8

Chirping
Mar 20, 2016
Hi everyone! Today was the big day - I picked up my day old chicks and have started my first flock. I have 4 silver laced wynadottes and 2 buff orpingtons. Everyone seems happy and has been seen eating and drinking. I have one concern though and am hoping you will tell me that I don't have anything to worry about. Someone in the flock has tiny specks of red in their poop. It's sort of bright, so I'm not sure if it's blood. I touched it with a paper towel to see if it would transfer (like I assume blood would) and it didn't. I've attached a picture. The other dropping was actually more like a red string. Stress related? Is it possible for coccidiosis to appear this early?

Thanks in advance for your help! I have so much to learn from you all. :)

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new chicks. You may wish to re-post your question on the "Emergencies, diseases, injuries and cures" forum in order to optimise your response. I have no experience with the problem you are having (if it is indeed something to worry about) but i hope that peeps on the forum mentioned can advise.

All the best
CT

Thanks to you both! Seems to have stopped and everyone is looking good. Excited for this adventure! :)

Back
Top Bottom