Hello from CA

Iris1018

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
Menlo Park, CA
Hello everyone! My name is Iris. I have 3 chickens, 2 that are around 5-6 yrs old and an easter egger that was surrendered to me just a few months ago and I think she’s around 2 yrs old. I don’t know the breeds of the other 2 chickens.
I also had a sweet rooster that I recently lost due to cancer. I want to adopt another rooster but I’m not legally allowed to have a rooster in my area. I was allowed to keep him as long as no one complained about the noise, so I got into the routine of bringing him in at night time and taking him out after 8:00am so that he would not crow and wake everyone up at 5:00am-6:00am. This routine seemed to help and I had no complaints. I believe roosters make wonderful pets and they should be given a chance to live. ❤️
I have known about BYC for a a few years but finally decided to join because I have learned a lot from discussion topics here and would also like to share ideas and experiences that I’ve had with chickens.

Hello everyone! My name is Iris. I have 3 chickens, 2 that are around 5-6 yrs old and an easter egger that was surrendered to me just a few months ago and I think she’s around 2 yrs old. I don’t know the breeds of the other 2 chickens.
I also had a sweet rooster that I recently lost due to cancer. I want to adopt another rooster but I’m not legally allowed to have a rooster in my area. I was allowed to keep him as long as no one complained about the noise, so I got into the routine of bringing him in at night time and taking him out after 8:00am so that he would not crow and wake everyone up at 5:00am-6:00am. This routine seemed to help and I had no complaints. I believe roosters make wonderful pets and they should be given a chance to live. ❤
I have known about BYC for a a few years but finally decided to join because I have learned a lot from discussion topics here and would also like to share ideas and experiences that I’ve had with chickens.
I'm sorry for your loss. I feel the same about the poor roosters. So many baby roosters are killed every year just because they were born. (I saw a documentary)so sad.
:welcome :welcome:welcome

Sorry about your roo, Iris. But you are clearly a good chicken mom to take such efforts to keep him. My only rooster, Sir Henry the Loud, would not receive such caring treatment; he begins crowing at about 3:30 or 4 every morning, and he can be heard almost a quarter mile away at the neighbors' house. It's good that there are no rooster rules out in the country.

It's great you decided to join BYC. Sharing here is fun. Welcome to you and your three girls!

Back
Top Bottom