Hello from Cali!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by RockyVanRhodes, Jan 10, 2018.

1. RockyVanRhodes

RockyVanRhodes Chirping

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm very excited to finally be a part of backyard chickens! I've had chickens since March 2017, and have used this website for almost all of my chicken questions.
    Well, i started out with one RIR rooster, and five game hen crosses, and now, I have 31 chickens. My "babies" follow me around, eyeing my hands for food, especially grapes and apples. Each of them have a place in my heart! In addition to chickens, i have a Manchester/ Rat terrier, a Russian Blue mix kitten, and two goldfish.
    My dream (however far fetched) is to show my chickens in the fair and one day develop my own breed (if i ever acquired enough money to do so). Even if i don't, i still enjoy keeping chickens, and watching them express their personalities!
    Im glad to be a part of this family! :D

2. Lauren Kim

Lauren Kim Songster

Welcome!!:welcome
    Our friends will be glad to help you out. :)

3. RockyVanRhodes

RockyVanRhodes Chirping

Jan 8, 2018
    Thanks!

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member 9 Years

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. How old are your game cross cockerels ? There is a possibility they will start fighting as they enter puberty. Have a plan B just in case that happens.

5. RockyVanRhodes

RockyVanRhodes Chirping

Jan 8, 2018
    Well, I have 8 month old, 4 month old, and two month old roosters and cockrels and hens. I let them free range on 2 and a half acres, so they have space to walk around and keep out of each other's way, i suppose. Yeah, i am always wary of any signs or sounds of a fight starting, as i domt want them to get hurt

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Bird is the Word Staff Member Premium Member 7 Years

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Chickens sure love the affection. Mine beg to sit on my lap, following me around like drooling puppies. :lol:

Enjoy your flock and welcome ours! :)

7. RockyVanRhodes

RockyVanRhodes Chirping

Jan 8, 2018
    Thank you! I sure will :)

8. orrpeople

orrpeople Hopping...a lot Premium Member

Jun 15, 2016
    State of Jefferson
    MrsMistyReal, rjohns39, N F C and 6 others like this.
  9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member 5 Years

G’Day from down under RockyVanRhodes :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Good luck with the breeding dream/program!

10. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land Premium Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA

Welcome to Backyard Chickens great place to chat with new friends, find questions answered or get advice or give it, we all enjoy our days here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: