Hello from Caliente, Nevada!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by judinorton, Sep 27, 2016.

1. judinorton

judinorton New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    Caliente, NV
    Hello everyone! I'm new to chickens - I have 2 so far. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, judinorton, and :welcome. Happy you joined our community! What breeds do you have? How many are you planning on adding to your flock? I don't have any specific suggestions but a great place to pick up general chicken knowledge is the Learning Center here https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    If you'd like to chat with locals, you can locate on the NV thread in this link
    Best of luck and best wishes! :)
  3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Overrun With Chickens

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. I'm guessing it's really hot where you live. It's frio, where I'm at - we should be having our first frost very soon.
  5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)
  7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Welcome to Backyard chickens!! Redsox hooked you up with great links, so I will just say hello and good luck with your peeps!
  8. judinorton

judinorton New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    Caliente, NV
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome!! My small flock (if you can call 2 chickens a flock!) consist of a snarky white leghorn and a very talkative black (I don't know her breed) rescue hen. I'll be getting at least 2 more hens in a couple of weeks hopefully!! I live in a rural city in Nevada, but I live within the city limits so I can't have any roosters which is actually fine with me! I'll start at the learning center and if I have any questions, I'll be sure and ask! I do have one concern: my rescue chicken was left all alone for a long time and she is very broody. I'm keeping her separated from my leghorn for a while. Am I doing the right thing? They can see each other but they are separated. Once again, thanks for the warm welcome and any help is greatly appreciated!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by