Hello from California

CaliforniaRoz

In the Brooder
Nov 9, 2018
We built a beautiful chicken coop about 2 years ago that my friends wanted dibs on to live in because it was super cool. We spent way too much money on it but we couldn't help ourselves. I wanted the girls to have a piece of an elm tree that was cut down so I asked the tree trimmers to save a huge branch and we put it in the run for the girls. They love hanging out on it in the warm afternoons when the sun is hot on the ground.

We are pretty much first timers. My boyfriend has had some chickens but only couple at a time. This coop has 9. I love letting them out for about 20 minutes a day. We even taught our Blue Healer dog Roxy to round them up when it is time to go back inside and she watches over them. Of course she grew up with them from a puppy so she knows they are family.

I finally joined Backyard chickens because when I had a question and did a search, it would take me to this site. Once I started reading the questions and comments from everyone, I was hooked. It's like facebook for chicken lovers.

PS, not sure why pictures came up in triplicates. Sorry :-|

IMG_2993.JPG
IMG_3298.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
fullsizeoutput_61e.jpeg
IMG_2993.JPG
IMG_3298.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
fullsizeoutput_61e.jpeg
IMG_2993.JPG
IMG_3298.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
fullsizeoutput_61e.jpeg
IMG_2993.JPG IMG_3298.JPG IMG_3404.JPG fullsizeoutput_61e.jpeg

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Your coop is wonderful and substantially built! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Your coop is beautiful. Is your Blue Heeler a puppy, looks so small? I would love to have one but, don't have any work it could do.

Do have a major problem with lost drivers who insist on driving up the lawn or turning around on the grass. Would be afraid they'd run over a dog if I had one to chase them off.:(

Back
Top Bottom