Hello From CALIFORNIA

jpsmama

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
Good morning everyone. I'm really looking forward to finding some answers here. Right now we have three bantam Brahmas and two Ameraucana and now only one Barred Rock. Last night my dogs managed to get one out of the chicken coop. So today is a sad day for us since I had to explain to my two year old on what happened to the chick. She was only five in a half weeks old and I let them run around in the coop during the day and then put them in the hutch at night to keep them cozy warm. But we got home a bit too late last night and unfortunately the dogs dug a small hole and got one out. What can I do so this won't happen again? Please any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you so much. JPsmama

welcome-byc.gif
from TN

welcome-byc.gif

sorry about your chickie. You could try hot wire around coop to keep your dogs out, or a cement bottom or hard ware cloth floor, there are solutions!! The coop section has lots of good ideas! Good Luck!

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
from a fellow Californian. I would dig a trench around the border of your run and fill it with gravel. The dogs dont like to dig in the rocks it hurts their paws. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Chef

Back
Top Bottom