Hello From Canada

Welcome!

Where in Canada?

I've been able to live in Vancouver for extended periods on a number of occasions and it's my favorite place on the planet along with Los Angeles. ...and a few other spots.

Raising chickens in Vancouver wouldn't be too hard and I've given my ex-landlord some encouragement to do it since she already has a flock of grandkids and I know they'd adore it. But there are spots in the East and in the Plains where I'm sure it's a challenge a good part of the year.

In any case, I'm sure you'll love it here and get lots of help and encouragement. ...even from fellow Canucks who've been there and done that with great success.

Enjoy!
I’m In Southern Ontario. I’m anticipating that the winter won’t be too easy but I’m up for the challenge. Lots of research to do on insulation!

Usually there's a little red flag up in the right hand corner under the tab "Alerts" when there's a response but I don't know how long they last.

I hope someone who knows more about the site will tell us if you can check historical responses.

Again, I suppose now would be the time to get your plans together for the cold weather so I hope you get ideas. Perhaps a specific post asking for help with that? 'Cause it's hard to guess how many people are going back this far to respond to this original post.

Nice job on the coop!!! Check out the learning center, articles on winterizing coops and runs. Good ventilation, no direct drafts on the birds and keeping moisture level down are the most important issues. I live in Wisconsin, do not heat the coop, ever. No frostbite or winter weather related losses in 10 years.

Nice job on the coop!!! Check out the learning center, articles on winterizing coops and runs. Good ventilation, no direct drafts on the birds and keeping moisture level down are the most important issues. I live in Wisconsin, do not heat the coop, ever. No frostbite or winter weather related losses in 10 years.
That’s amazing! I am hoping to avoid using heat this year!

Back
Top Bottom