Hello from Cape Girardeau, MO

comp21

Hatching
Dec 4, 2016
I'm going to make this pretty quick as I tend to get long winded if I don't make an attempt at brevity:

I started keeping chickens back in July of this year in Cape Girardeau, MO. I was hooked nearly instantly... it's funny, I told my daughter "don't name them. once they stop producing eggs, we'll eat them and you never name your food". It took three weeks before I realized I could never hurt this little guys :)

So, reason I'm here: chickens are illegal in Cape Girardeau. I am working to fix that. I present to council tomorrow night to get it on the ballot. With over 600 signatures on my petition, everyone says I have a good chance of getting this through.

If anyone on here lives close to or knows someone in Cape Girardeau who would support this, come to city hall tomorrow (12/5) night at 5pm and sit in support of urban chicken farming!

welcome-byc.gif

You should do a search to find your state thread, there may be members there that would like to help support your efforts.

Good luck!

Hello and welcome to BYC - fingers crossed with getting the petition!

Best wishes
CT

Hello there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard Chickens! I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

Back
Top Bottom