Hello From Central Florida

beedude

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 3, 2011
Osteen, FL
Hi All,

Just joined a few minutes ago. Glad I found mention of this site while surfing. My wife and I do not yet have chickens but are giving it a serious investigation... that means we will have chickens soon. Same process as when we decided to become beekeepers.

We live in Centra Florida just outside the southern boundry of Deltona which is half-way between Daytona Beach and Orlando.

Forums are a great help as my experience with bees has proven. We like to know a lot before jumping in. Aside from usually saving money it is not fair to the critters not be be properly handled. If you have any special tips, especially for raising chickens in Central Florida, feel free to share your expertise.

We are also native plant entusiats which works out well as we have a bit over 2.5 acres most of which is left undisturbed and contains many species of native vegetation.

Glad to be a member of the site and hope to be able to contribute useful information before too long.

Have fun,

Ed

I know it is going to be a good day when I get up in the morning, look back in the bed, and see I am not in it!

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
from WA. glad you joined us
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. You're in the right place to learn. . . BYC has lots of great info & friendly people
smile.png

Lots of good luck as get start on your chicken adventure
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom