1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from central Ohio!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Count Orloff, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Count Orloff

Count Orloff Out Of The Brooder

Nov 26, 2010
    Delaware, OH
    I have been posting for several weeks now and I love this site. I have belonged to other non-chicken message forums online for years, but this place is unique. I am convinced that people who keep chickens are smart; very few grammar errors and overall everybody knows how to spell. I don't mean to sound like a grammar whore, but it really does make it more fulfilling and enjoyable to read posts that do not hurt your eyes. Everybody is so willing to help one another; the camaraderie is amazing.

I am 27 years old and have been married to my wife, Lindsey, for a little more than 3 years. She does not like my chickens at all. In fact, I bought one of those Amish-made coops when she was out of town for a week for grad school. She came home and there were five Buff Orpington hens free-ranging in our one-acre lot! She knows how much I like working in the garden with them, so she doesn't mind so much anymore. I still can't get her to come out and look at them though. Since this summer when I first got involved in chicken keeping, I have added a black Sex Link rooster, a spangled Americauna hen, a Golden Comet hen, a Modern Game hen, and what I believe is a black Americauna hen. I really want to find a pair of spangled Russian Orloffs, but I'm not sure if another rooster is a good idea. I just found out that the black Sex Link was not a hen, thanks to the help of those on this board. I'm not technically permitted to have chickens where I live, but my neighbors love them. I will be looking for a new home for my rooster come spring.

I'm looking forward to talking chickens with everybody!

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

3. mrkpero

mrkpero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Welcome from NW Ohio! We used to camp in Delaware a few times a year-beautiful area. Just went through there last month on the way to the Columbus zoo. Welcome to the forum!

4. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

5. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    [​IMG] from SW ohio

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
  7. GHOST_USER_NAME

GHOST_USER_NAME New Egg

Oct 10, 2010
    my name is ben and i am new here, its my pleasure to join this community to find some information and good friends here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by