Hello from Central Pennsylvania

argo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 30, 2009
Hi. I have had chickens on and off since I don't remember when. My family consists of 1 very tolerant husband
big_smile.png
, 2 beagles, 4 cats, 2 box turtles, some fish, 1 nubian goat, 2 alpine goats (mom & daughter), 3 jersey beef calves, 14 guinea fowl, 6 ducks and around 40 chickens. All my children either have 4 legs, feathers or scales. I keep an assortment of breeds, silkies and silkie crosses, because they are just so sweet, rhode island red, barred rock and then the red sex links my husband had to get because someone had given us a couple and he liked their big eggs. They all roost and pasture together so I get some interesting crosses when I let a couple girls get broody. I got an incubator this year to hatch guinea eggs and I got a better percent from just letting the silkies set on them than I did with the incubator. I guess they know a lot more than I do.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I was trying to hatch a hole nest of guinea eggs and only 6 or so would fit under each silkie, I ended up having 4 silkies sitting on guinea eggs.
smile.png

Thank you for the awesome welcome. This forum is so friendly.

Back
Top Bottom