Hello from Chicago

kl5

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Chicago
I have been reading this forum off and on since I started dreaming about having chickens (summer 2007?), but have finally decided to get an ID and participate.

Howdy!

We have two sweet hens, a dominique (Lucky) and a cuckoo marans (Clucky). They happily range the backyard and are glad to be on this side of our awful winter. We are looking to expand our flock this year and plan on raising two chicks for our neighbors who are just starting out. Of course, I waited way too long to decide on breeds and place an order and now no one has them available. So, I will probably be on the buy/sell/trade forum pleading our case.

My husband and I would be glad to meet anyone in the area and talk birds or show off our custom-designed chicken palace.

In the meantime, if you know anyone who would like to part with 6 pullet chicks (2 dominiques, 2 ameraucanas, and 2 welsummer or sussex), send them my way!?
wink.png

Welcome and unfortunately I had a Welsummer pullet for sale a few weeks ago. Now she is at her new home.

One day you will get all the breeds you are looking for!

welcome-byc.gif

20760_welcome.jpg

[COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

Thank you for the kind welcomes!

And EweSheep, I'm sorry to have missed your welsummer pullet.

Does it seem like a bad idea to acquire and try to hatch (then sex, then find homes for the extras) eggs? My husband has been trying to convince me for months to let him hatch eggs. And now, well, there are eggs for sale on eBay for each of the breeds we are interested in...
Any anecdotes/advice/thread links on this topic would be much appreciated. (And if I should start a new thread in an appropriate forum, let me know.)

Thanks!

Welcome from Indiana and a former Chicago resident. You may want to check out some of the eggs auctions going on. I have found several of the breeds I was looking for. Hatching is fun and addictive!!

Back
Top Bottom