Hello from Chicago

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kl5, Mar 25, 2009.

1. kl5

kl5 New Egg

Mar 25, 2009
    Chicago
    I have been reading this forum off and on since I started dreaming about having chickens (summer 2007?), but have finally decided to get an ID and participate.

Howdy!

We have two sweet hens, a dominique (Lucky) and a cuckoo marans (Clucky). They happily range the backyard and are glad to be on this side of our awful winter. We are looking to expand our flock this year and plan on raising two chicks for our neighbors who are just starting out. Of course, I waited way too long to decide on breeds and place an order and now no one has them available. So, I will probably be on the buy/sell/trade forum pleading our case.

My husband and I would be glad to meet anyone in the area and talk birds or show off our custom-designed chicken palace.

In the meantime, if you know anyone who would like to part with 6 pullet chicks (2 dominiques, 2 ameraucanas, and 2 welsummer or sussex), send them my way!? [​IMG]

2. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Welcome and unfortunately I had a Welsummer pullet for sale a few weeks ago. Now she is at her new home.

One day you will get all the breeds you are looking for!

[​IMG]

4. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] from NC

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    [COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

7. kl5

kl5 New Egg

Mar 25, 2009
    Chicago
    Thank you for the kind welcomes!

And EweSheep, I'm sorry to have missed your welsummer pullet.

Does it seem like a bad idea to acquire and try to hatch (then sex, then find homes for the extras) eggs? My husband has been trying to convince me for months to let him hatch eggs. And now, well, there are eggs for sale on eBay for each of the breeds we are interested in...
    Any anecdotes/advice/thread links on this topic would be much appreciated. (And if I should start a new thread in an appropriate forum, let me know.)

Thanks!

8. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome from Indiana and a former Chicago resident. You may want to check out some of the eggs auctions going on. I have found several of the breeds I was looking for. Hatching is fun and addictive!!

9. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by