Hello from chicken lover in Georgia!

PeachygirlGA

Songster
9 Years
May 25, 2012
Fort Valley, GA
Hello! We just started raising chickens about 7 months ago. We got some adult buff orpingtons, 4 hens and a rooster. "Big Red" is shown as my avatar. We only get 2 eggs a day, not sure which hens are not laying. So we decided to get some babies about a month ago and I just love them!!! We got 2 americauna and 3 Rhode Island Reds. I'm guessing that one of the reds is a male, but not for sure. He is taller than the others and we nicknamed him "Curious" because ever since he was a baby he seems ultra curious about everything going on around him. He is growing his comb faster than the others and just seems different than them to me. I really hate to get rid of him, but if he is a male then we will have to find another home since we already have a rooster. I don't suppose there is any way to keep 2 roosters????? Anyways, I can't wait to get started on all the threads and chit chat about my beloved chicks!!

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC!
If you have enough space you may get away with 2 roosters. One will be the leader though, and keep the youngster in his place.

Hi and welcome from sunny florida You didnt say where in Gerogia but if its south we are having a chicken swap in Tallahassee on June 3rd if interested PM me and I will give you the details.
And yes you can have more than one rooster I wont tell you just how many I have can you say more than 10 lol again Welcome Micki

welcome-byc.gif
from sunny Florida. Many of us do a lot of hatching so we have a lot of males. I just sold 37 males. I have 5 breeding males. Most of the time one will be the alpha. They will decide. I have had to separate males that wanted to fight all of the time but for the most part they work out their pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom