Hello from Colorado

kaylamreau94

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2021
Hi, I am a college student at UCCS and while I have another year and half till I graduate I am planning for my future home. I intend to head back Southeast after school and am aiming for a house with a small acreage. It probably won't be easy but nothing wrong with trying. I want to have a small farm from a food garden to some chickens, possible a goat or two, and maybe some other small livestock. I would love to have horses but as I have a large travel bug within I'm best having small livestock and having my grandmother watch them when ever I travel.
I have been tempted to have my own dairy cattle- one or two- thanks to a class I've taken that's discussed the industrial corn and how it has affected the entire world. Thoroughly looking at my future I know that it would be unwise to do so. Chickens, however, seem to be a way to be eco-friendly, a way to separate myself from the chickens being feed strictly corn, and to give me food that I know will have a healthy benefit for myself. I do want to research ducks and quails for possible livestock as well, but for now I'm focusing on the chicken. I'm hoping reading the articles and forums will help me know how much I should save up for a coop and chickens, learn how to care for chickens, and learn about the hardships that go with it to determine if I am willing to face those hardships because the benefits out way them.

Welcome to the BYC community 🐓 thank you for your introduction :) sounds like you've got a good starting point because research is one of your best friends. Reading the forums will definitely help! There are also some sister sites (links located at the very bottom of the page) that can be beneficial for your research as well!
Picture_20210227_074014422.jpg
Good luck on your adventure!

Welcome to the BYC community 🐓 thank you for your introduction :) sounds like you've got a good starting point because research is one of your best friends. Reading the forums will definitely help! There are also some sister sites (links located at the very bottom of the page) that can be beneficial for your research as well!
View attachment 2547338
Good luck on your adventure!
Oh thank you thank you! Always good to have more sites to check out. It's like going shopping always best to shop around never know what you'll find.

Back
Top Bottom