Hello from CT

Paws and Claws

In the Brooder
May 20, 2015
Hi everyone, I am Byrne. I am from Northwest CT and have been reading about BYCs and planning for almost 2 years now. My dream is just about to become a reality and I am suddenly a little nervous! I have plenty of book knowledge, but need the hands on now... and I imagine I will learn A LOT more as I go along. I plan on starting with about 6 hens and a roo.... I have thought about the breeds I want which include a Black Copper Mara Roo, 2 black Maran hens, 2 silver or golden laced Wyandottes and 2 Amarcanas.
As you can see in my name, I also have dogs, so they will be on one side of the invisible fence while my hens will be on the other (separated by a sturdy fence so they wont be looking at each other)
My biggest road clock I am about to encounter is.... wrong season, the chicks are gone and I dont seem to be able to find these breeds right now. So I am taking things one day at a time... setting up the coop and run.... reading and planning until the birds are available. I am so excited and looking forward to meeting other people that can share advise, encouragement and just chat!

Welcome to the BYC flock, maybe feed stores are out of chicks now but, breeders in your area are probably hatching often before the bad weather is back. If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. If they don't have the breeds you want, they probably can recommend someone who does. Good luck in your search.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad you joined us!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom