Hello from Dalton, PA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by StaceyPA, Oct 10, 2016.

1. StaceyPA

StaceyPA New Egg

Oct 10, 2016
    Hi, my name is Stacey and I am a new chicken mom! Back in March I got six pullets from a local Tractor supply. I am new to country living and decided to take up a new hobby, well I am addicted! I'm still learning but I absolutely love my chickens. I did so much research before getting them and my boyfriend is a carpenter so we went above and beyond building their coop. I am excited to share stories and learn more. Also I think I want to add some variety to my flock in the future. I hope I can get some good tips and tricks from more experienced owners. Here is my first coop connected to our shed. I am open to ideas on how to fix any rookie mistakes I may have made. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Days poultry

Days poultry Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2016
    Your coop is awesome chickens are such fun too watch and they make a special place in your heart :)

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Stacey, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! What a chicken shack!!! Is that a coop or a summer cottage? You could rent that out to tourists! Your boyfriend has some mad building skills! I'm jealous!
    I think experience is the best teacher but BYC is full of people who have been there and done that so never be afraid to ask. I have a pretty diverse flock myself. Makes life more interesting. You can select the brown Breeds tab at the top of the page to learn about what types you want to add to your flock. So many great choices. I am currently enamored with Speckled Sussex and Naked Necks. Best wishes and thank you for joining BYC!!!

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Stacey

Glad you could join us here! What a fabulous coop you have there! :clap As redsox says it's more like a summer cottage :D We have a coop contest runnng now, a page on how you built it and some pics would make it a fab entry. How to enter and make a page are all in the first post of this thread ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-and-run-page-contest-winter-spring-2016/0_30
    You may need a few more posts before you can make a page but I'm sure you will get there quickly.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Glad you joined the flock Stacey! Congrats on chicken keeping!! [​IMG]I LOVE your coop!!! [​IMG]
    Have a great time on BYC! [​IMG]

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens Stacey! Man, I want a boy friend that will cater to all my chicken cravings! That coop is absolutely amazing. I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

7. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wow where do you find a boyfriend like that???? He'd earn his keep in no time. Actually that coop is much too nice for chickens, tell them they can only poo outside & to wipe their feet before coming inside.

1 person likes this.
  9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by