Hello from East Tennessee!

stampified

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2019
East Tennessee
I just moved here and now I finally have room for chickens! I am spending a lot of time learning right now. I thought I'd use the suggested thread questions to introduce myself.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
New- don't have them yet.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 0

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The varieties! I'm looking forward to collecting some types of chickens that are cute, even if they don't provide a lot of eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, scrapbooking and other crafts, cooking and baking.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I used to be an elementary school teacher. I've been staying home since I had kids but also write curriculum from home. I have three kids, 9th grade, 6th grade, 5th grade. My husband of 19 years is a retired law enforcement officer turned trauma nurse who is now a college professor of nursing.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found it while googling the laws about chicken in the area I just moved to (at the time I hadn't yet moved and was narrowing down cities based on laws). While here I decided it looked like a great source of info.

Hello and welcome to BYC! So glad you decided to join our happy community. This is a great place to learn and share your chicken adventures. Do your research before jumping in. Many of us are already looking forward to prepping for the coming winter and this will give you an opportunity to read about our endeavors to help you plan for your own flock. Best of luck in your new home.

fying chicken.gif

Greetings stampified, Welcome to BYC! :frow

Back
Top Bottom