Hello from East Tennessee

SafeHavenFarmTN

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
I am so happy I happened onto this forum. Looks like it is a place to get to know other chicken lovers as well as homesteaders. We are located in the mountains of East Tennessee. We are not real new to chickens we have raised and sold Buff Orpingtons in the past as well as different breeds of 4-H project chickens. We built our own coops as well as wintered chickens here on our farm for the past 9 years. We have learned alot by trial and error and by spending money that could have been used elsewhere. I dont claim to know it all but that is our back ground. I hope to get to know other people on here that maybe we can help to keep them from making some of the costly mistakes we made as well as they may have some answers to questions we have now or in the future as we are intending to branch out into other breeds of chickens for eggs and meat as well as larger chicken production for ourselves and to resell. We are looking at possibly buying Silver Laced Wyandottes, Barred Rocks, Dominique, Black Australorps, New Hampshire Reds, Ameraucana, Cornish Cross in case anyone has had experience with these breeds and would like to give some advice at this point. Especially on the Cornish Cross for meat production. Thank you and look forward to being here.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you found us!
frow.gif

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from soggy Alabama. Glad you joined us. We have a Dominique roo & he's one of our sweetest & friendliest chickens, so I very much recommend that breed. No experience with the others you mentioned, yet. Lots of good luck
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom