Hello From Eastern Nebraska

mrsjprag

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 18, 2010
Hello all,
I am new here and would really love to be able to have chickens and provide my family with my own eggs, where I know where they came from and weren't being recalled by the state next to me. We are in an unincorporated area of the city we live in, but just found out that we still can't have them. We just moved here from the West coast and I am so amazed that out here in the midwest between the corn and soybeans, I can't have chickens. Yet so many cities in California are now allowing it. It is also allowed in another City about 10 miles from where I am... Its just so maddening. I am tired of dealing with all the recalls and would like to go back to the way it use to be where I know where all my food comes from and be able to provide for my family. Not sure what is required to try and change the ordiance or if it is even worth the time and effort. Would I be talking to deaf ears? I have 3 years here, not sure how long something like this would even take. So that is why I am here, to hopefully get some help.
roll.png

It's time to check your City Ordinances and come up with a plan of action. With the recent recall, you could build a pretty good case to go to the City Council with. You might get better help posting the the City Ordinances and Laws section for help, along with letting people know where it is that you live exactly. There are many BYC members that have gone to battle to own chickens and have had their laws changed.

Welcome to our forum too!
frow.gif

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. Good luck with your endeavor. I hope it doesn't take long. The first step is finding others in your area that wants to have chickens as well and band together.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom