1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello, From Elisi in Raymond, WA!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elisi, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Elisi

Elisi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Raymond, WA.
    I have been lurking here for several months now. I found this site while looking for goose info and I must say I feel like I have found a gold mine!! I love all the good advice I see and all of you are soooo friendly and helpful to each other! Very refreshing!!

A bit about myself. I was raised on a farm but was moved to the big city when my parents divorced. As a young adult I had my own farm for a couple of years & had many critters including African Grey geese & chickens. That was over 30 years ago, much has happened in my life since then, but that is really an unrelated story.

My Hubbin & I bought & moved in to our dream house in Aug. 2011. We have a big 4 yr old house, a huge shop, detached garage and a small barn on about 2 acres. (most of the land is pasture and horses are my real passion!) The barn is really to small for horses so it will be used for feed storage & tack. It does however have 1 small stall that was sort of set up as a chicken coup. I have never had much luck with chickens though so for now I am turning it into the goose house! I have ordered 10 African Grey goslings that will be here by May 16th so I have a lot to do to get ready.

I am so excited to be back on the farm and have a lot of plans/dreams to work on! I love the African Grey geese and can't wait till the babies get here! I am really glad I found this forum, with all the help & advice I see here I might even attempt to try chickens again!

Looking forward to meeting y'all!

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Hi and welcome to BYC from NY State! [​IMG]

3. Elisi

Elisi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Raymond, WA.
    Thanks for the Welcome! Wow, your from NY! Just love how the net can bring us all closer together!!

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Oh, I just love geese. We have Toulouse, a Pilgrim, an African, & Sebastopol eggs incubating. The African girl is the sweetest thing [​IMG]
    Congrats on your return to geese and lots of good luck [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. :thumbsup

9. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
  10. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

[​IMG] [​IMG] We have a peep right in yer Town. Chickielady is in Raymond. Also feel free to join the chattiest state thread on all of BYC. The WA thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by