Hello from England

Featherland26

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
England
I have finally decided to join BYC, after I have been looking at posts from time to time for a year. I live in England, Berkshire. in the outskirts of my town. I am under 20 ys old. I have kept chickens for more than two years.

My and my family randomly brought 6 chickens for eggs and build a chicken coop out of an old wendy house in a day, ever since the coop constantly keeps changing and unfortunatly mr fox is the biggest predator here and killed 6 chickens,also 2 because of dogs and lost 2 due to sour crop
sad.png
I have quite a big garden which includes 8 chickens, which I take full responsibility for, because unfortunalty my whole family doesnt like chickens, the only thing they do is open the door to let the chickens out. I now have 6 hybrid girls, 1 mutt chicken and 1 brahma LF boy (suspect its not a pure breed). I am very additited to chickens!

You may be wondering why i have so few chickens it is because there is a poultry farm next to my garden which keeps many pure breeds of 70 boys and girls, they provide lots of space for all the chickens, they moved here last year, I love seeing more and more chickens coming, and I also love seeing the 300 chicks there . My personal favourite breed is the Pekin Bantam (cochin Bantam) because of they are beautiful birds and have a great personalities:D

Last edited:
Welcome Featherland To BackYardChickens from the USA!
I am new as well and have found this website very helpful in troubleshooting problems.
Good Luck with your flock!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom