Hello from Finland....

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Just wanted to say hi to everyone... glad to have you. There's so much to learn here and so many really nice people!

I got hooked (sounds like a 12 step thing huh?) three years ago, and I now have a small chicken "city" on the lot next to my house. My family is afraid I'll fill all four acres I own with chickens....lol. Actually, I don't see why that's a bad idea????

Anyway, good luck to all those who are new to the obsession, and that is what it becomes I'm happy to say. Whenever you have any kind of question be sure to stop in here, someone will have an answer.

Welcome!

Robin

Thanks everyone for the brilliant welcome:)
we have 13 rhode island laying hens 7 finnish hens and 3 cockerels.
we are going to incubate more eggs in a couple of weeks to increase our flock.
Winter here starts around end of october and continues till mid may, temperatures are generally around minus 10 --27o centigrade, ( I have no idea what that is in farenheit!
hmm.png
) but believe me its cold......
so as you can imagine our chickens need to be inside for quite a long time, actually its law here to keep chickens inside from january till first of june, its to stop them coming into contact with birds migrating back to finland for the summer, luckily for us there havnt been any cases of bird flu in Finland so its just a sensible precaution.
suomi,
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
from Michigan. what caught my eye about your thread was Suomi. Here in the Upper Peninsula (UP), we have a college by that name in Hancock. It was named that in honor of the Finnish background that most people in the area share.

Back
Top Bottom