Hello from FL

Welcome to BYC! You have lovely pullets and a nice coop.
I do think your coop could use more ventilation. The rule of thumb is 1sq' of opening (hardware cloth covered) for each chicken.
Thanks, noted. I have the roof lifted two inches all around for ventilation as well as the two triangle 3’ long 6”-2” vents in front and back of the coop for pure flow. Plus the door stays open all day long. Maybe I’ll add a square in the door or something if it’s necessary.

:welcome :frow One of the breeds I raise is Rose Comb Dark Brown Leghorns. I use golf balls in the nest boxes. In one of my coops I had some birds that always wanted to lay on the ground. I built a community nest box out of scrap wood and now no more eggs on the ground. They like it. I live near Ocala if you are ever in our area we have a farm swap twice a month, everyone is welcome. Saturday will be our first one for this month. I'm taking a bunch of young White Leghorn cockerels to sell. Lots of chicken folks who love to talk chickens. Good luck and have fun...
TSCCovid.jpg

:welcome :frow One of the breeds I raise is Rose Comb Dark Brown Leghorns. I use golf balls in the nest boxes. In one of my coops I had some birds that always wanted to lay on the ground. I built a community nest box out of scrap wood and now no more eggs on the ground. They like it. I live near Ocala if you are ever in our area we have a farm swap twice a month, everyone is welcome. Saturday will be our first one for this month. I'm taking a bunch of young White Leghorn cockerels to sell. Lots of chicken folks who love to talk chickens. Good luck and have fun...
View attachment 2827720
Hey thanks!! I’m in the tampa/st Pete area so I won’t be a regular, however I sure will make it a point to check it out sometime! Really appreciate your sharing that with us. Also, happy to report this morning I found a second egg right next to the one I placed in the nest box the morning before! Truly didn’t think it would be that easy, and probably won’t be. I’ll write an X on them and if another pops up tomorrow I’ll remove the two older eggs and hope the trend continues!

Back
Top Bottom