Hello from Florida

ChickenChick84

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 30, 2013
Hi my name is Amber and am VERY new to backyard chickens. My family and I (hubby and 2 little girls-4 yrs and 10 months) live in Florida. I'm currently a nurse at a local hospital and have gone back to school to further my education. My hobbies include anything to do with music and dancing. When my brother and I were kids we spent summers in TN with our grandparents. I remember grandma had 3 sweet Bantam Cochin chickens that we just loved. So...here we are :) Hubby and I bought 4 chicks yesterday (first time ever) and we are so excited! Our 4 yr old just loves them! All 4 are different breeds. We were told that they all would get along fine. We have a Black Star, Red Star, California White and a New Hampshire. Any info on any of these breeds would be appreciated!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC. Those are some awesome breeds you have for laying. There is lots of info under the breeds section at the top of the page and also under the forum tab. Good luck with your new babies and enjoy the site

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Have a look around the Breeds, Genetics and Showing section. There are threads and discussions on any breed you can think off!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/breeds-genetics-showing

Enjoy your chicks!

Back
Top Bottom