Hello from France!

Casey76

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Alsace, France
Anyway a bit about me...

I'm a British transplanted to Alsace, France (working in Switzerland). My chicken obsession started just two years ago when I was given a pair of ISA browns as a house warming present from a friend. Within a month I had bought my first day-olds and I was well and truely hooked.

Last year I (unwittingly) bought my first table birds, and after some trepidation, and bravery, tasted my first homegrown chicken and swore never to buy supermarket chicken again. There were also some had some bad experiences too, which saw me having bad hatches, and in the end I lost all of my laying hens to some nefarious predator.

At the moment I have three POL pullets of dubious heritage (ebay hatching eggs lol), two sabelpoots and a bantam dotte cockeral (though maybe for not much longer
roll.png
)

I'm just warming up my incys (having bought a third today
woot.gif
) and I'm waiting on the arrival of bantam dottes, CLB and brahma eggs. I have more brahma, LF dottes, CLBs, Faverolles, and cochins on order, and I'm trying (very hard) to get my hands on some silver-black and silver-blue French Marans and buff, lavender and silver millefleur Sabelpoot eggs!

This year it is my mission to introduce British Standard CLBs to Alsace, and I've already arranged a pullet swap with another expat up near Paris, and to enter at least one show with something and hopefully be brave enough to enter the Expo Avicole in Mulhouse in November this year.

Phew! I do go on a bit lol

"see" you around

Katrina

welcome-byc.gif
from California!
cool.png

As I understand it Alsace is beautiful during the holidays, right?

I would love to see photos of your birds!

Back
Top Bottom