Hello from Georgia!

New to Chick Life

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2020
Georgia
Hey y'all!

In December of 2019, after a few months of looking for a house with my mom, we finally found one! The best part of the house that we got was not that it was almost an acre lot, but that we inherited 1 rooster and 4 hens!
It's been quite a few months since we got them, and almost each time I google searched questions about my chickens I was brought to this wonderful community. I have finally decided to join this community because we ran into some trouble with hatching some eggs and I couldn't find anyone who shared the same experience. I won't talk about that here, though.
The good news: one of our hens, in fact, one of my favorite hens started brooding a while ago! She's currently raising 2 chicks.
I don't know what kind of chicken they are, but I will try my best at describing them. The rooster's name is George, and the four hens are called Nana, Aunty, Kobi, and Koba.
George and Nana are the same breed. George has white, brown, and black/blue/green feathers. Nana is all brown. Nana lays white/blue eggs.
Aunty's feathers look like a Zebra, blackish/greyish and white strips. She lays brown eggs.
Kobi and Koba are the same breed, they're both black with brown designs at the end of some of their feathers. They also lay brown eggs.
I've tried attaching pictures of them to this post, but not sure if it worked. I'm using my phone to post this and although I'm 24, my technology skills are subpar.

My goodness, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Roxanne, I take online courses at an online university, and when I'm not doing homework I'm either taking care of our animals or playing video games. In total, we have 5 chickens, 2 chicks, 2 cats, and 2 dogs. With that said, I have quite an urgent post about hatching that I need to make. I thought it would be rude if I didn't introduce myself first.

Can't wait to meet you all!!

EDIT: I figured out how to add pictures! I added them in the comments xD

Last edited:
20200203_160906.jpg
kobi^
20200203_161007.jpg
Nana ^^
20200203_161051.jpg
George^^
20200203_160651.jpg
Koba ^^
20200203_162214.jpg
Aunty ^^
20200604_113833.jpg
the yellow chick is Becky and the black chick is Beyonce (my sister named the yellow one first and it reminded me of Beyonce's song so...)

Sorry I had to click the picture to add them in, but instead I clicked the "attach files" and that didn't work!

View attachment 2182289kobi^View attachment 2182290Nana ^^View attachment 2182291George^^View attachment 2182292Koba ^^View attachment 2182293Aunty ^^View attachment 2182294the yellow chick is Becky and the black chick is Beyonce (my sister named the yellow one first and it reminded me of Beyonce's song so...)

Sorry I had to click the picture to add them in, but instead I clicked the "attach files" and that didn't work!
Kobi is a golden laced wyandotte, nana is a barnyard mix (a mix breed), George is an Easter egger (a mix breed that lays either blue, green, brown, or pink eggs), koba is a black sex link, and aunty is a barred rock.

That means both your chicks are Easter eggers because of what I said about Easter eggers above.

Back
Top Bottom