Hello from Germany

Sanne HT

Hatching
May 6, 2015
Hi, my name is Susanne and I joined BYC from Germany (so please excuse my mistakes in language and spelling). I found BYC when I looked for coop plans and was very happy so see all the ideas and plans here.
I'm living with my husband, my 15y old son, 4 arabian horses, 1 cat and since Sunday 1 cock and 5 chickens (Vorwerkhühner) in a rural area in the middle of Germany.
When I lived on a farm about 15 years ago, we had some (50) free range laying hens. Now we want to have a small group just for fun and sor some eggs of course.

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you decided to join us.

You have a lovely flock.

Hi :welcome Susanne

Glad you could join the flock! Lovely to hear BYC has already been helpful for you with the coops I hope you got some great ideas for yours. Your birds are beutiful I love their colours.
I have a friend who had an Arab and he was great, she did a little of everything with him an all round nice chap he was. I have a thoroughbred who was a racer untill he a was 6. He's 19 now and I've had him since he was 7. He had a year off to calm down after his racing career!!

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new flock, be sure to ask any questions that you may have everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC, Susanne! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Wow is your flock pretty! I just love Vorwerk chickens! They are so pretty. It sounds like you have a nice variety of other animals too. Arabian horses are also very lovely. I worked at a stable a while back and always remember being fascinated by all the colors especially the arabians.

Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

Susanne nice to meet you. What a lovely breed of chickens you have there. So glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock.

Hello Susanne!
I am actually coming to Germany in August. I will be looking for a place in Stuttgart. Do you have any information on zoning regulations near Stuttgart? I've heard Europe, in general, is a little more friendly towards small livestock in backyards, even in city areas. I'll be there for over three years, and would like to raise chickens or quail while there...would love to know where I could find a place that would permit them and how to go about acquiring a few chickens/quail (probably only about 10).

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom